The inspiration for these little bites o’ bliss got here from a wedding we attended remaining weekend in Milwaukee for one of my dearest adolescence buddies. She and her husband had their reception on the unique Pabst brewery that’s now turned into a terrifi venue and for Hors d’oeuvres, that they had Sir Francis Bacon-wrapped shrimp (YUS), brat photographs (a shot of beer with a slice of bratwurst and a spoonful of sauerkraut on a stick, so clever) and what i can simplest presume had been French onion tartlets. They were served in flaky phyllo cups and packed with a creamy caramelized onion mixture and i approximately grabbed the complete tray from the waiter to consume them within the corner all on my own. however then I concept better of that idea and determined to recreate them at home ASAP. And right here we are.
Those savory mini truffles couldn’t be less difficult, thanks to Athens meals’ flaky, buttery mini fillo shells which might be already made and baked and prepared to fill. The toughest part is having the patience to allow the onions for the filling caramelize to the nth degree, and accept as true with me, they need to — it’s what makes those muffins sing (metaphorically). Plus, your kitchen will scent tremendous. Your clothes maybe now not so much, and those can also query your hygiene, however you may simply deliver them this type of tartlets and that they’ll forgive all ills.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Mini Fillo Shells®
- heat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium skillet over medium heat, soften butter. add chopped onions and reduce heat to medium-low. cook dinner onions, stirring sometimes, 10 minutes until softened. upload salt and pepper to taste. maintain to prepare dinner onions 10 minutes, stirring from time to time, then add fresh thyme leaves. prepare dinner but some other 10 to 15 minutes, stirring sometimes, till onions are deep golden brown and very caramelized. upload white wine and retain to prepare dinner 3 mins extra. put off from warmth. Stir in cream cheese, egg and parsley till well combined.
- vicinity fillo shells on rimmed baking sheet. Fill every shell with a scant tablespoon onion aggregate. Bake 10 to fifteen mins till shells are gently golden and filling is gently browned on top.
- Serve warm.