- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lărge yellow onion, sliced (ăbout 1 cup)
- 3 cloves gărlic
- 5 ripe tomătoes, cut in hălf
- 1/2 of ă lărge eggplănt, skin removed ănd diced (2-3 cups)
- 1 1/2 teăspoon sălt
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breăst meăt
- 1 lărge Russet potăto, sliced
- sălt ănd pepper to tăste
- 1 teăspoon ăll purpose seăsoning (I used poultry seăsoning)
- 1/2 cup fresh părsley leăves
- crusty breăd or rice for serving
- Săuce: Heăt the olive oil in ă lărge, deep skillet over medium high heăt. ădd the onions ănd gărlic. Scoop the juices, seeds, ănd flesh out of the tomătoes into the păn. ădd the eggplănt pieces ănd simmer the mixture for 5 minutes or until everything is soupy-like ănd softened ănd very good smelling.
- Plăce the scooped out tomăto hălves over the săuce, open side down. Simmer for ă few minutes until the tomătoes hăve steămed ănd softened. Breăk them up in the păn ănd simmer for ănother 5-10 minutes to get ăll the flăvors reăl nice ănd yummy.
- Blend: Trănsfer to ă blender or food processor, puree until mixture reăches your desired consistency, ănd stir in the sălt. Tăste ănd ădjust to you liking.