Beauty and the Beast Cupcakes are the perfect dessert to serve at a birthday party or movie party! The bright colors reflect the iconic moment when Belle and the Beast fall in love in the beloved movie. A beautiful cupcake to celebrate a “tale as old as time”.
Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 3 eggs
- 12 Wilton kraft wave baking cups
- 24 royal blue baking cups
- Wilton Golden Yellow food coloring
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- white candy pearls
- 3 packages Wilton rose icing decorations
- Combine cake mix, buttermilk, oil, and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer; mix for two minutes on medium speed. Use a rubber scraper to scrape the bowl for dry mix.
- Place 12 kraft wave baking cups and 12 royal blue baking cups into muffin tins. Use an ice cream scoop to fill each cup 2/3 full with chocolate cake batter. Bake 350° F for 13-15 minute, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Carefully remove baked cupcakes from tins and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- To make the Belle cupcakes, place vanilla frosting in a medium mix bowl and use a butter knife to add a small amount of Golden Yellow food coloring. Use a rubber scraper to mix the frosting till the color is even throughout. Add more coloring as needed.
- Place frosting into a piping bag fixed with a Wilton 1M star tip. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow frosting to firm up. Pipe frosting in a swirl motion onto each of the cupcakes with a kraft wave cup. Top with white candy pearls and a rose icing decoration.
- To make the Beast cupcakes, place chocolate frosting in a clean frosting bag fixed with a Wilton 1M star tip. Place a cupcake into one of the 12 empty royal blue baking cups; pipe frosting in a swirl motion onto each of the cupcakes with a royal blue cup. Add candy pearls one at a time to make a line around the base of the frosting on each cupcake. Top each with a rose icing decoration.