Do you know what today is? It’s National Oreo Day!! I must admit that I’m not a huge Oreo eater. Actually, dare I say, I’m not a huge cookie lover?? It’s just not my thang. I tend to like brownies, cake or cheesecake better. In fact, if you searched YHE, you wouldn’t find one recipe with Oreos on here that I made.
Today that all changes! Since I’m part of a fun group of bloggers that celebrates some of the most favorite national food holidays, I was a bit forced out of my comfort zone to come up with a recipe that showcases the cookie.
I bought my first package and was all set to do some recipe testing. But when I pulled the package from my pantry, I noticed it was really light. Um, it had three cookies left inside! My boys (husband?!) had eaten almost the entire package without me knowing in a day!!
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 2 (8-oz) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 (5.3-oz) container plain, fat-free Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend or ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp .vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line each muffin tin with a cupcake liner. Place one Oreo cookie in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- In a mixing bowl with beaters, blend together cream cheese, Greek yogurt and sugar until thoroughly combined. Add in vanilla and mix.
- Add in eggs, one at a time until blended.
- Using cookie scooper or spoon, scoop cream cheese mixture into the muffin tin, over the Oreo in the bottom.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes. Pull out of oven and place muffin tin on a cookie rack to cool.
- When cool, lightly take out of muffin tin and peel away the liner. Enjoy!
For The Full Instructions, See Full Recipes: yummyhealthyeasy.com