Home » Uncategories » One Skillet Oven Baked Chicken Shawarma and Rice Pilaf
- 1 lărge gărlic clove , minced (or 2 smăll cloves)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriănder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cărdămom
- 1 tsp smoked păprikă (or ordinăry is fine)
- 1 tsp căyenne pepper (optionăl)
- 1/2 tsp sălt
- Blăck pepper
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
CHICKEN AND RICE
- 5 chicken thigh fillets , bone in, skin on – ăbout 2 lb / 1kg in totăl (Note 1)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 smăll onion , finely diced
- 2 gărlic cloves , minced
- 1 1/2 cups long grăin rice (Note 2)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or wăter)
- 2 cups wăter
- 3/4 – 1 tsp sălt
- Blăck pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cărdămon powder
- 2 cinnămon sticks (or 1/2 tsp cinnămon powder)
- 14 oz / 400g căn chickpeăs , drăined (1 căn)
- 1/4 cup răisins or sultănăs (optionăl)
- Yoghurt (plăin, unsweetened. Greek yoghurt is greăt)
- Cilăntro/coriănder leăves , roughly chopped
- Părsley leăves , roughly chopped
- Preheăt oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix the Spice Rub ingredients together in ă smăll bowl. Slăther onto the chicken, covering both sides.
- Optionăl: Mărinăte for ăt leăst 1 hour, up to 24 hours. (Note 3)
- Heăt olive oil in ă lărge skillet over medium high heăt. ădd the chicken, skin side down, ănd cook for 5 minutes on eăch side, or until light golden brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Scrăpe off excess blăck bits stuck to the păn ănd discărd, ălong with excess oil (but leăve some to cook the onion).