aprese salad can officially suck it because there is a new kid on the block!
This Balsamic Strawberry Chicken Salad is kicking butt and taking names. I already have it on the menu for every party this summer. Caprese salad is something I make very often for parties because it’s fresh, it’s easy, and the classic flavors are always satisfying. Instead of a classic caprese, I am definitely making this balsamic chicken salad from now on.
I took my favorite parts of the caprese salad, balsamic reduction, fresh basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese, and I coupled them with juicy grilled chicken and sweet strawberries. The result was one DELICIOUS summer salad.
Balsamic Strawberry Chicken Salad
Prep Time; 10 minutes
Cook Time; 20 minutes
Total Time; 30 minutes
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz strawberries
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- Optional: 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Marinade the chicken breasts in balsamic vinegar for about 10 minutes before cooking. Season with some salt and cook until done.
- *You can choose to grill the chicken or cook chicken on the stove top.*
- Once chicken is cooked, set is aside to cool down.
- Preheat a small pan over medium heat. Add balsamic vinegar to the heated pan and stir in brown sugar. Let the vinegar simmer until it is reduced enough to coat a spoon. (It will reduce by about half the amount.)
- Take balsamic reduction out of the pan and into a small bowl to cool down. Once it cools down, you can add it to the salad.