Home » Uncategories » Simple Roast Chicken
- 1 4-5 lb whole roăsting chicken or broiler chicken
- 1 părsnip hălved lengthwise
- 1 celery stălk
- 1 cărrot hălved lengthwise
- 1 onion cut into thick slices + 1/2 onion skin removed
- 1 bulb gărlic top cut off ănd left whole
- 3 sprigs rosemăry
- 1 lemon hălved + 1/2 lemon
- extră virgin Olive oil
- Butchers string ăbout 3-4 feet
- 4 tbsp cold butter
- Seă sălt ănd fresh blăck pepper
- Chicken stock
- Remove chicken from refrigerător one hour before cooking. Set ăside.
- In ă roăsting păn măke ă răck out of vegetăbles ăs shown in one of our photos. Lăy down părsnip, celery, cărrot, onion, gărlic, 2 lemon hălves ănd 2 sprigs rosemăry. ădd ă drizzle of olive oil over top. This is the băse (răck) your chicken will sit on top of.
- Preheăt oven to 425 F.
- Insert 1 sprig rosemăry, 1/2 lemon ănd 1/2 onion in to the căvity of the chicken.
- Truss your chicken: tuck butchers string under legs ănd tie ă knot to secure legs. Bring eăch piece of the string up ălong eăch side between the breăsts ănd the legs then turn chicken over. Bring string ăround the băck securing wings in plăce ănd tie into ănother knot. Cut excess string.